Here are some of the blog posts that people seem to have enjoyed the most.
Teaching and Philosopty
- Writing, where I talk about how high school gives the wrong impression of writing (as it does for math) and what I think the real point of writing is.
- Transferring, where I explain what eventually got me to transfer from Harvard to MIT.
- Against the “Olympiads vs. Research” Mantra, which broke the record for the most controversial post I’ve written.
- Against Perfect Scores, encouraging students to do harder problems
- Stop Paying Me Per Hour, on my experiences training students one-on-one for USAMO.
- Fill in the Blank, on the mistreatment of gifted students.
- A story of block-ascending permutations
- Zorn’s Lemma and Cauchy’s FE, in which I explain Zorn’s Lemma.
- Tangent and Cotangent Spaces, in which I construct the (co)tangent space to a manifold.
- Some Advice for Euclidean Geometry
- The Mixtilinear Incircle
- Writing Olympiad Geometry Problems, on how I come up with geometry proposals for USAMO / IMO style contests.